Monday, August 4, 2008

I FOUND A JOB! Grandpa wants to live! I'm playing BIGSTAKES in poker!

My grandpa gave us all a scare when he went into the hospital, his vitals dropped, and he told my mother, "I'm happy with my life. I'm ready to go. I'm not afraid anymore."

He is one stubborn guy. If it was just a case of willpower, I felt certain he would pull through for a while longer.

And damnit, the old coot decided he wants to live! w00t w00t

Also, I took the leap in poker and moved up in stakes despite being under-rolled. Normally, I like 20-30 buyins for a cash game stake, but after crushing $.02/$.05, then $.5/.10 (yeah yeah big money), I moved up to $.10/$.25 with a little less than 20 buyins. The play is not that different, and where it is different it seems it is only more exploitable. The players are often more aggressive, but that means they'll ship their stacks to me thinking they can bluff me off quads :D

I've read and agree that it's ok to take a shot at a higher limit if you're willing to drop back down if you lose several buyins. I'm ok with that. I've done it before at the lowest limits.

Otherwise, we finished moving Megan into our apartment. She, I, and her family had a great trip to Six Flags. We are wearing out that season pass!

And the best news of all: today I accepted a job! Since I have spent the last couple of months training my replacement, my boss agreed I have already given an adequate notice, so I will move this friday as soon as I leave work.

If any of you want to get in touch with me, my phone number won't change (yet), and besides, we're all internet savvy anyway.

No comments:

Get Paid to Review My Post