Monday, April 14, 2008

Drama Bombs

I may write in more detail later the events leading to my more or less forced eviction, but at this time I feel it would just be a drama bomb in an already sad experience.

I am sad at the shift in a relationship very dear to me. More than any disagreement I have with this person's lifestyle, my biggest pain is that I feel we are unable to discuss the issue. (Or pretty much any issue about this person's character/identity that does not validate him) I can agree to disagree about many things unless I feel the other person is causing others pain by their actions. Here, I am frustrated on both fronts. In this case I think this person IS causing others pain, and after the results of attempting several discussions over the last few years, I do not believe any discussion will do much more than cement the rift between us.

A dear friend, call him Scooby, said he disagrees, he thinks this person's actions are honorable. I disagree.

But I must refer to the biggest problem I have with our relationship. I could be entirely wrong about my opinion about this person. Perhaps clarification is all it needs. But if I feel I can not disagree with someone without them doing what pick-up artists refer to as AMOGING (steam-rolling), well, I don't think it's healthy to even attempt clarification. Our values, even if they are called the same thing, seem too be defined too diferently for us to get along.

And if nothing else, let's be clear. Evicting and cursing me would be deal-breakers ending the relationship if it were anyone else.

But! Maybe, as my pappy says, we will one day have a reconciliation. Maybe, for now, we just need some time apart. Maybe, as my pappy says, eviction and other deal-breaking actions aside, we are initiating a separation that in a couple of months time will happen on its own.

Which brings me to! I am searching for a frickin' job in GA! Started applying last week as it seems I may not be able to transfer to a different location for the current company I work for. I'll move as soon as I find a job. Could be a couple of weeks. Could be a couple of months. Until then I am taking Scooby's suggestion and chilling at friends houses, taking advantage of the opportunity to hang out with them often. Soon I will live far away and won't be able to see them for long stretches. So if any of them hint I am wearing out my welcome, all I have to do is remind them, "But this is our last chance to hang out before I move!" :D

4 comments:

DancesWithBlogs said...

Haha just saw I was much less discreet about identities in an earlier post. W/E not like it is hidden behind a thick veil anyway :P

Dr. Megan said...

I am sad you are in this situation, but you know I'm there for you. I'm stuck on you like Donald Trump is on bad hairstyles....forEVAH!

Anonymous said...

Stephen, I'm sorry to read that you're going through this with someone so special to you. I know how terrible ending a dear relationship can be, but in this case I feel you will learn to reconcile over the years, even if you never regain the same sense of closeness you had before. 20 years down the road, I hope you two are laughing over all this.

xo, Erin

Charles Morgan said...

Just in the interest of truth, this post needs a little modification.

I didn't curse you or evict you.

I cursed AT you. Clearly a different connotation. Ask 99% of the population if they've ever cursed someone and they'll say no. Ask them if they've ever interpreted someone else's behavior as waaaaaay over the line, gotten mad, and cursed AT them, and you'll get a chorus of YESs. That I belong to this demographic is not shameful for me, though I respect your willpower if you intend to tell anyone you aggravate that they have committed a deal-breaker and are no longer a part of your life.

I did not evict you. We had already decided to move out at the end of April. When you announced you had problems with me but had no intention of talking about them, or about anything, with me, I let you know that was an unlivable situation for me and I was going to go ahead and move to my new apartment sooner than later. This meant the utilities would get transferred and cut off at the old location. Not an impossible situation for you to remedy. Nonetheless, I negotiated with the utility companies to keep things on until the 18th.

After all that, YOU decided to leave right away. I didn't evict you. No one evicted you. You decided to leave.

There are many ways I have wronged you, but the actions you describe in this post are inaccurate, and that makes this post less like news and more like a well written tabloid. Twisted truth sensationalized into entertainment. Please delete it or make the necessary modifications because I believe we both share an intense commitment to truth.

Get Paid to Review My Post