Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I was notified by my Hobbit that I was tagged in her blog, so now I have to complete a mem (whatsit?).

The rules are:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

The nearest book was Star Wars: Legacy of the Force: Exile.

Booster finally sat again and fixed a glare on Corran. "But you didn't bring my grandchildren."

Corran folded his arms.

WTF?! I am not smart enough to know how that relates to my life, so I'll offer a 2nd selection from Harrington on Cash Games, Volume II that I think more easily translates.

There's a small chance that Player D has been bluffing the whole way and is now prepared to fire a third barrel on the river. But that's a really long shot. Player C has to worry that any bluff on his part will just get called by Player D.

Clearly I am player D, as anytime someone tries to bluff me, in life or cards, I call and cry hah! caught you! Funny thing is how often they show up with the nuts.

Tags to come later. Off to work!

1 comment:

Megan said...

From Wikipedia: "A meme (pronounced /miːm/[1]) consists of any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that gets transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, practices, habits, songs, dances and moods and terms such as race, culture, and ethnicity."

Isn't that neat?

Get Paid to Review My Post