Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Best debate of all 4!

I felt disappointed Obama did not repeat himself when asked what he felt he would have to cut from his program. Last debate, he said some tough decisions and tough cuts would have to be made that he can't foresee, but what he can decide now are the important things he will NOT cut.

Tonight, I felt both just dodged the question.

I also felt Obama made a powerful point that McCain's recent campaign ads say more about his character than Obama's, as described at the Boston Globe: "After a painstaking examination of the Obama-Ayers association, the well-regarded nonpartisan FactCheck.org concluded that McCain and Palin are trying 'to sway voters - in ads and on the stump - with false and misleading statements about the relationship, which was never very close.'"

You can read the entire article here.

One of the more frustrating criticisms from McCain and his running mate is Obama's supposed connection to William Ayers and Acorn. I've looked for facts to corroborate these claims.

I find instead articles like the one from the Washington Post (click here to read it), which is cross-referenced in several different other newspapers.

There have been many, many articles and facts checked disputing the claim that Obama has any direct association with these people. These articles were written because people started talking about these issues for about a year already, when Hillary Clinton brought up the same erroneous charges. They've only come up again because McCain and Palin hope to undermine public trust in Obama by, in my opinion, implying that despite Obama repeatedly stating clarified facts, that people must assume there is something he isn't telling us. In my opinion, they are playing at peoples fear of the unknown.

I think McCain may be right that a lot of people aren't talking about these things now, but that's because they've already been hashed to death. Unless someone can point me to some facts, I don't know why people are still debating this unless they decided to ignore facts and just make assumptions.

No comments:

Get Paid to Review My Post