Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Good thing the Candidates don't listen to Def Leppard

You know I'm new to politics, but I've engrossed myself in present and past Presidential promises (THANK YOU YOUTUBE!!!) and have come to one conclusion.

Presidential debates are one big recycling bin. Really! Youtube them! Even in 1992, Clinton was hailing himself as the change we need!

Anyway, my point is...

Many a President has come into office for us to realize that no President is going to follow through on all the promises of their campaign. Even if a candidate was so naive as to believe they COULD follow through on these promises, they will face inevitable complications that deter or cause them to reconsider their promises.

What do we do instead? We watch a candidate. We listen to his or her policies and take them with the understand that they may not happen, even if the President wants them to.

As the Def Leppard song says, "I won't make promises that I can't keep." Oh, wait. Maybe I will...


No comments:

Get Paid to Review My Post